02 October 2005

Try this and let me know if it works...

Text of an email I recieved:

>Subject: Have you locked the keys in the car?

You won't believe it, but this works -- who'd a thought it???
Have you locked the keys in the car?

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are home, call someone
at home on your cell phone and ask them to get your car keys.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other
person at home press the unlock button on your keys while holding it near
the phone on their end.

Your car will unlock. It will save someone from having to drive your keys
to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if
you can reach someone who has the remote" for your car, you can unlock the
doors (or the trunk this way!)

Editor's Note * It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over
a cell phone each time we tried it.

Now, I was going to try this in my front yard, but since we can unlock from the house, probably pretty pointless. So, I went grocery shopping today. The store is about a mile and half as the crow flies from our home. I got The Izzster on the phone, had her point the thingy at the phone and give it a go... (I'm in the parking lot, windows down, keys in my hand holding my phone up to the door handle.) No luck. Mind you, it was a smart 4 year old on speakerphone, but still didn't work. So I had Chad try... of course, he could be just saying "yes dear" and not really trying it, so who knows...

If anyone has success with this... please share!

4 comments:

Phats said...

I am sorry I can't read the text, hurts my eyes. I complain too much I know :(

You need to post a picture of the "izzster" :)

Design Goddess said...

I agree...the color is hard to see against the background. Not enough contrast.

I've heard of this on a radio station a few months ago. For some people it worked, for others not so much. So, who knows if it actually works or not. Perhaps it didn't work for you b/c you didn't actually have your keys locked inside your car. At least that's MY theory!

Skiingred said...

FIne, I changed it... From the preview screen, I couldn't tell what worked or didn't. Yes, the contrast rules are coming back to me from my Educational Media course way back when.

Phats said...

well seeing as I don't have the new gadgets of unlocking doors automatically this would not work for me. I did however lock my keys in my car with it running once in college. D'oh! luckily the spare set was in my dorm room.