10 October 2005

Movies we all must see

I love movies. Here is a list of movies I absolutely can't pass up when they come on TV. And some other good ones...
  • The Wedding Singer
    • "Two Cones!"
  • 50 First Dates
    • Bawled at the end!
  • Dazed and Confused
    • "I just want to dance!"
  • The Princess Bride
    • Sigh - so many good things about this movie!
  • Back to the Future
    • "You built a time machine. Out of a Delorian?"
  • About a Boy -
    • Hugh is sooo hotttt in this one; however, if you are a fan of his, you must see
  • Lair of the White Worm
    • Crazy "St.George" type story, only they go after a phallic snake who likes nuns and is horny all the time... it stars the one girl from HomeFront which also starts Kyle Chandler, who is in
  • Pure Country
    • A little corny, but a great story!
  • Major League
    • Even though this wasn't filmed in Cleveland Stadium, it is a good move about a great team of characters. A classic for all Tribe Fans from way back.
  • Bad News Bears
    • The original - I don't particularly care for any of the other versions - this is the best!
  • Enigma
    • Also stars Matthew Macfadyen, Dougray Scott, Kate Winslet
  • Ever After
    • I'm a sucker for fairy tales
  • Sixteen Candles
    • Classic
  • Airplane
    • "Surely, you can't be serious." "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley!"
  • Mommie Dearest
    • I'll never look at Comet and coat hangers the same way again.
  • Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
    • Between the Coke machines and rocks in the pockets, Bette and Joan could kick some @$$
  • Shakespeare in Love
    • man-meat Joseph Finnes is great as the bard... loved the jokes (that probably only English teachers will get!)
  • Twilight Zone, The Movie
    • "Wanna see something really scary?"
I know there are more - can't think of them right now...

12 comments:

LBseahag said...

Good choices...the best is "i've gotta sleep in the same room with a duck's dork..."

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

The Wedding Singer? I like Adam Sandler but this movie sucked ass plain and simple... Yeah there were all those cheesy 80's references but it was too stupid even for me. 50 first dates another Adam Sandler flop. Dazed and Confused kind of a drug induced haze that couldve been good but fell short of a plot... The Princess Bridge (PUKE) Back to the Future the best movie you mention and quite possibly in the top 10 of all time for me. About A Boy horrible chick flick that you MADE me sit through. Lair of the White Worm can you say FREAK? Pure Country was good like you said corny but good. Major League funny but I'm just not a big sports movie guy most of the time drama it's ok but comedy not so good. Bad News Bears I never did care for even as a kid. Although the performance by the "Drunk Coach" is a classic. I have no idea what Enigma is. Ever After is another puke chick flick special. Sixteen Candles and Airplane are two of my favorites. I love ALL the brat pack films except for St. Elmos Fire which I didnt really care for. Mommie Dearest and Baby Jane are classics but I haven't seen either. Shakespeare In Love another gagfest I was forced to sit through. Twilight Zone the Movie is classic and I think the whole thing is awesome. Wasn't someone killed in the making of that? I'd have to check for sure but I think there was a helicopter crash or something that killed one of the actors... I'm done... Later

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

I just ran over this comment... What the hell is The Princess Bridge? I don't know but it shouldve been a bridge to a better movie...

Unknown said...

Skiing - Monaghan is the next county to me. What do you want to know about it??? I will find some good links for you.

B said...

Some good picks! I still like the ones I know verbatum...Star Wars, Raiders, Footloose and of course, The Breakfast Club. I'm off my 50 First Dates kick, considering I've probably seen it 49 times now and on I, Robot...Will is really very sexy in that movie!

Skiingred said...

Remembered one more...

The Full Monty! Great flick!

Baby... you can leave you hat on!

Design Goddess said...

Hey! Chad said he LIKED 50 First Dates when we watched it at your pad! What's he thinking??!!

And...um...what about the greatest one of all???? here's a hint: "I carried a WATERMELON??!!" oh and "Guh-GONG" I'm only mentioning this b/c it's on now.

But my other addiction that I have to watch every time it's on TNT is Roadhouse. Not sure why. I just gotta watch it. I know, I'm crazy!

Phats said...

I KNOW I KNOW!!! Dirty Dancin! Design you and I are a lot alike haha.

Footloose WOW that is such a good movie LETS DANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Chad you don't like sports movies?! wtf is wrong with you man, rent hoosiers best sports movie EVER made.

Skii I have song lyrics ding :) how shall I get them to you. sorry this comment is all over the map haha

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

Oh man I love HOOSIERS and I nearly cried during Rudy. I never watched it until the other day and I'm not a Notre Dame fan by any stretch but I loved both those movies... I don't mind dramatic movies about sports, I can watch those... It's those goofy comedies like Major League and Bull Durham and crappy sports flicks like that I don't like. When I watch a movie I like to REALLY watch the movie. I get into it and I like to become the people or something... I sit and think about what they must be feeling. Also we forgot all the Jodie Foster flicks... Taxi Driver, Silence of the Lambs, Contact... I loved all those... Didn't care for Little Man Tate and I've never seen Nell but she is awesome... and really hot....

Design Goddess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Design Goddess said...

Wow Phats...didn't take you to be a DD fan. However, I will only continue to like you if you say that you like Roadhouse too.

Otherwise, I'm done....I relinquish my crown!!! :)

Word ver (Since we're talking about them and all): orajif

Does this mean that when you have a toothache you should rub peanut butter on it???

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

Good one with the orajif... I bet the deleted comment was Phats making some kind of slam about me being gay because I almost cried during Rudy... LOL he is the biggest Purdue fan in the country and all....