22 October 2005

The stuff's gone..

Well most of it anyway... In accordance with our new philosophy of simplify simplify simplify (and because Chad was tired of moving huge containers of clothes around) I had a rummage sale... It rained this morning - bummer- and it's nice an sunny now, of course!

I managed to get rid of a bunch of clothes, mostly Izzy -- that girl is 4, but I haven't rid myself of any of her clothes until now! What didn't sell, I'm going to consign - and some of it I gave to the City Mission.

Our big rush was from 8-8:30 where we made close to 100 dollars... mostly to Chad's CD's... Yep... we now have no CD's (Except for my RuPaul/EltonJohn single of Don't Go Breaking My Heart!) and my guest closet is empty! Whoo Hoo!

We've also moved our furniture around a bit, and it is quite livable now!

Simplify Simplify Simplify!

10 comments:

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

yes and it's so nice to get rid of stuff you don't need simplify simplify simplify

Bat said...

Any illegal aliens stop by? They like flock on yard type sales here like a vulcher on a dead animal.

Skiingred said...

Unless you mean people from KY or WV, nope - no aliens...

Just your average "I'm gonna buy something really cheap here and try to sell it on Ebay (but I don't know that the seller already tried that and that's why they are in the rummage sale!)" type of people

Design Goddess said...

HEY!!! I thought I had first dibs on the CD's???!!!

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

too late babe... i still have them all on the computer... I'll make copies of anything you want...

Design Goddess said...

You're just too good to me Chaddy-poo! ;)

Phats said...

You have NO cd's left?! What do you listen too? I would go crazy without my music.

Hey Next time let me know I have stuff I can sell geesh! `

Phats said...

Where the hell is my dinner??? I was told you were on the way to cook for me?

LBseahag said...

Good call...its less crap you have to deal with later...

I did the same thing...and got the idea from you...

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

I am going to do the same thing here this coming spring!! We can only have "sales" at the first of the month. I won't have time until spring or early summer!