25 October 2005

3:30 AM INSOMNIA AT IT'S FINEST

Well it's 3:30 a.m. and I'm trying to put myself to sleep. I've edited my blogger profile, looked up a whole bunch of useless nonsense. Read some poker content blah blah blah... Figure there is no better way to put myself to sleep than to listen to myself ramble. It's a dirty job that no one wants so I might as well do it.

So I'm updating my profile and it asks me for my favorite books. I got to thinking about how much I really enjoyed reading "The Outsiders" in high school. I had a paperback copy that I read so many times that it literally fell apart. I've seen the movie and read the book well over 100 times. I don't know what it was about that movie and book but I always really liked them...

Izzy watched Mr. Mom with Michael Keaton the other day. She loved it. She thinks it's the greatest thing since Shrek or something. It's just nice to sit down and watch a "normal" movie or TV show with her that is not some freaking drive you nuts cartoon. I'm going to pick her up from school tomorrow instead of having her stay in after school since I'm off. Maybe I'll take her to Gattiland or McDonalds Playland or something. I would take her to the park but the weather SUCKS BUTT. It's rained for the last month and a half or something... I would rather have winter. At least with winter you know what to expect. Get it here and get it over with so it can be Spring again....

OK adios amigos I was able to get myself yawning and I'm sure I was able to do the same for you...

6 comments:

Design Goddess said...

The outsiders was a great movie although I never knew it was a book back then. Boy what a cast of up-and-coming stars! I mean, Leif Garrett was in it! And of course, C. Thomas "Ponyboy" Howell. Ah, I remember all their wonderful cinema works as if they were made yesterday!

I know Izzy wil LOVE spending time with her daddy today. Esp if it's at Gattiland (although I'm still not quite certain that that place isn't mob owned!)

The weather is sucking MAJOR butt today. It's supposed to rain until friday or saturday here. I actually had to pull out the winter coat today. It's cold on campus! :(

And I'm with you! Bring on Spring!!!

Skiingred said...

Do it for JOHNNY!

Skiingred said...

One note about Mr Mom... our own dear Mr Mom let the young one watch the strip club scene... Aye aye aye..

She saw people in their underweare and thought it hysterical!

Phats said...

HAHA!! nice job chad starting her young. haha. That's classic.

I LOVED the outsiders too, pony boy, and two bit and sodapop great book, good movie. It was about a rumble of social status importance man! the soc's vs the greasers.

I have cases of insomnia too and it's bad! hope you had fun on your play date.

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Chad, I feel for you!! So, when did you finally fall asleep?? I have finally got my lil insomniac to stay in his bed all night!!!
**doing a little happy dance**

Design Goddess said...

I'm sure she thought it pretty funny to see them in their skivvies! Silly child!! :)