12 October 2005

My 80's wishlist

OK - have a few minutes from my office hours tonight to type this in before I forget (DL a big file on my work computer)

Things I want back from the 80's (or something like that - can't remember what I'm supposed to call this)

In no particular order

Feathered hair

Strollin bowlin'











Mini-series - long sweeping stories, bundled into two hour bits for a week long of fun!
(I guess technically shows like 4400 could be mini-series, since they don't take a whole 26 season episode run, but come on! I want the Thornbirds back along with Winds of War, North and South, and War and Rememberance!)

Barettes with ribbons, and while we are on the subject:

Roach clips with feathers for your hair

Painter's caps (and if they have the flaps - even better!)

The "made for Microwave" foods - such as milkshakes and French fries.

Tiger Beat

The Varsity Isle (Local thing...)

My walkman... ok... they can have this one back... I like my iPod

And finally:
Getting your kick from Judy Blume Books! I'm sorry, but today the girls have "Gossip Girls" Trash compared to the content in JB books!

6 comments:

Design Goddess said...

Sweet list! I KNEW you'd have cool things. And yes...I miss the varsity isle too. The ice cream just isn't the same at the car wash/oil change place! :)

Strolin' bowlin' kicked ass!!

And even though it was a cool idea to have microwaveable fries and shakes...they were really nasty!!!

Skiingred said...

When I first saw this on Design's post, I thought it was "comeback lines you wish you would have said"

My list included

... yeah, well, you too!

... Sayhuhforabigone

... your mamma

... I can't believe you kiss you ass with that mouth

and the one I taught my then 3 year old to say, when the neighbour boy (who was 5) said "hey, woman."

My name is not woman, it's Isabella, and If you can't call me by my name, then don't call me at all.

I need a nap...

Skiingred said...

Well, you know D... the acid wash jeans and Trapper Keepers (mine had a silver unicorn) were all taken!

LBseahag said...

OH my god!
This is the best list so far...you mentioned the painter caps..and with the flaps like Andrew Ridgely wore in a Wham! video...

and the roach clips with feathers...that was such a hot look...

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

I remember winning the roach clip at the good ole ST LOUIS PARISH FESTIVAL1!! Those were awsome! I also remember gunny sack dresses or bubble skirt dresses. I think I still have one hanging in my closet. And the best 80's thing...... BIG HAIR!

Design Goddess said...

I told you she'd have a kick ass list! I SO remember wearing both the make-it-yourself barettes and the roach clips. Even if I didn't know what "roaches" were back then.

Yeah...my sis had BIG HAIR!!! She tried to give me big hair too once and got the curling ironbrush stuck in my hair!!!