14 October 2005

Ahh the lovely Boylan Sisters!

OK-- Got all excited today to watch one of my favorite shows - taped especially for me on the TIVO... I go to play it, and it only recorded 3 minutes of it.... Now, since my daughter and husband were the ones who could delete it at the time - it ws probably one of them...

So now I just have to leave you with me singing a song from one of my favorite musicals - ANNIE

Doo doodle-oo doo
Doo doodle-oo doo
Doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo

Who cares what they're wearing on Main Street
or Saville Row
It's what you wear from ear to ear
And not from head to toe that matters
So, Senator, so, janitor
So long for a while
Remember you're never fully dressed
Though you may wear the best
You're never fully dressed without a
Smile
Smile
Smile!!!
Smile darn ya, smile.


I tell you , I don't feel like smiling much now, since my show got deleted...grrr... However, the 1999 version is coming on soon - but that one is just not the same!

No one's there when your dreams at night get creepy!
No one cares if you grow...of if you shrink!
No one dries when your eyes get wet an' weepy!
You'll stay up till this dump shines
like the top of the Chrysler Building.

Yank the whiskers from her chin
Jab her with a safety Pin
Make her drink a mickey finn
I love you, Miss Hannigan
It's the hard-knock life for us
It's the hard-knock life for us
No one cares for you a smidge
When your in an orphanage


But hopefully, soon, it will be on my TIVO search again, and I'll be able to tape it in bliss and sing all of the songs for you!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

5 comments:

Design Goddess said...

I'm just glad there isn't any audio on these things!!! :)

Speaking of singing, road trip to IN, we can go Karaokeing with Phats!! :)

Skiingred said...

WHEN WHEN WHEN!!!!

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

What about coming down to Louisana?? We can go bar hopping.... well, not really.. more like bar driving b/c there are not really close by. Gotta love Louisiana!!

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

you guys go to Indiana and we'll go to Legends at Caesars... I'll get my gin and tonic play a little pokah yada yada yada... As for bar hopping in Louisiana is anything left down that way... Is everything starting to open back up... I don't know what part you live in but I always heard New Orleans was the filithiest place in the country before all this hurricane stuff happened... I can't imagine what it must be like now with all the water and debris... We don't have to go to Caesar's guys... I'm up for anything as long as I get my gin and tonic... I was at the Eagles last night and tried to order one... No freaking tonic... A freaking bar without tonic water... You gotta love Kentucky...

Design Goddess said...

Sweet! When do we leave?!