01 September 2007

Slacker update

Speaking of Slacker - ever see that movie -- some awesome little bits. So on to the update:

Izzy made it through the first day, and the first week. She did very well, a few fits about going over the spelling words (She is surprised that she actually has to study them), a few fits about less TV until the words are studied. But overall a good time. I LOVE working at home with the house to myself. Amazingly - I get A LOT of work done!

My work is going well. I had good news this week (a raise!). I have set some professional goals this year, so I'm really going to try to meet them.

Let's see...other updates... DG is here for a visit - yeah! Although I hope she doesn't get sick, I've been a little out of it. For some reason, me and Izzy usually get icky colds at the beginning of school -- must be all of the germs saying hi to each other. Speaking of germs - check this site out -GiantMicrobes -Kinda Cute (If anyone wants to order one for me, that would be cool, I think I'll avoid the Black Death and the Clap, though)

We caught a funny show tonight - The Whitest Kids U Know on Fuse. Yes, the same channel that brings you Pants Off Dance Off. Very unexpected comedy.

Had an awesome dinner tonight at a local Italian place. I must say, a bottle of wine shared amongst good friends definitely makes a meal. The food was delicious (even without the influence of wine), Izzy was amazing with her manners and the cannoli was divine.

Sorry for disappearing for so long, usually the first week of school is a bit hectic around here. I'll catch up with my favorite blog buddies!

8 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Thanks for the link. I will return the favor soon.

Being in Ohio you had to love that Michigan game yesterday.

Design Goddess said...

So far, no cooties have entered my body....at least far as I know! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Design Goddess said...

Oh and don't forget that it's VERY impolite to take a turd out of your pants and throw it into the recycling bin during an office meeting!

Kingcover said...

Ummm so Izzy was amazingly well mannered during the meal out. Does that mean that she normally throws her found around the place and tries to hit 'Auntie DG' with it??? Hehe.

Kingcover said...

That was supposed to be "throws her FOOD around the place ...."

Hush DG. Say nothing. You're still OLDer than me no-matter-what!

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

now there are a few funny things about these comments...

#1 I had no idea it was impolite to take a turd from one's pants and throw it in the recycling bin at work (note to self: no more turds from pants in recycling bin)

#2 The word "turd" is extremely funny to me. The way it "rolls off the tongue" is extremely amusing.

#3 NOTE TO SELF: The words "turd" and "rolls off the tongue" should probably not be used in the same paragraph.

and last but not least on kingcover's comment I actually read the word through as throws just because of it's context... I actually had to go back and see that it was a different word. Kind of like one of those little emails you get where the words are all jumbled up and out of order but you can still read the email as if they weren't...

OK nice post Lisa now I'm off to throw some turds in the trash and see if I can catch the clap....

Oh and YES MICHIGAN GOT THEIR REARS HANDED TO THEM BY APPY STATE!!!! HOW COULD WE EVER FORGET THAT... BWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHAAAAA!!!

Design Goddess said...

You are correct. KC. She did not throw her food around like she normally does! :D

So, since I'm older than you, that must mean that I am WISER than you too, right?!

Kingcover said...

"Wiser" - just let me take a moment to myself ............... HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA ......... almost done ........ HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ........ ok, I'm done :-)