18 September 2005

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah!

OK... just to make it official - I was a cheerleader in 6th grade. One of those "little league" thingys where everyone made the team. There were 4 teams (Chiefs, Rams, Someone else, and the Cowboys (Help me out Design). This was for the 5th and 6th graders. There were other teams for the 7th and 8th graders.

The Cowboys usually sucked... and guess what - I was on that team. I think they divided up the city into 4 parts, and whatever part you were in, was the team you cheered for. I do remember, Mark V and Ricky H (the class hotties, as it were) were on the Cowboys... We had do it yourself uniforms for the cheerleaders. (Homemade grey skirts, which was fun, since my mom didn't sew) and a white sweatshirt with a C on it (the fuzzy letter kind you get on your letterman's jacket)

All of the "cool" kids, if I remember, were on the chiefs, and had fancy red letters and skirts (the sluts!)

Anyway... I was only on the team one year (thank goodness) and by the time my younger bro was old enough to play on the city teams, the city decided it had enough of "training" kids on the little league teams only to go to the private high school in the area, rather than the city one(If you have seen Varsity Blues, you know what football is like in Ohio) so the kids were not encouraged to play on the sucky city teams anyway. So our school started their own. Ahhh.. where was I...

Oh, cheerleading... So I was one for a while. I sucked big time!

I did try out but I didn't make it... thought I could, but since I can't really do a somersault without crying, cheering probably isn't a good idea.

I also did try out for the volleyball team, no shocker there - didn't make it..

But I did find a home on the track team. I threw track rather than ran it. I actually lettered my frosh year, and made it to districts in discus. So all is well. (Well, except for the time I almost took out half of the boys varsity track team with an errant aim of the disc, but that's another story)

Oh, and skiing, of course! I was on the ski club for a few years until I had to get a job my junior or senior year (Can't remember which) and cut back on my activities (damn you real life - getting in the way of my high school activities.) I liked skiing - lots of cuties!

I would have a pic of Design cheering, but darn it, my scanner is not working (he he) I am sure Design is crushed... never fear, gentle readers, I'll find a way to post one!

4 comments:

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

OK first off let's hope the Chiefs Cheerleaders became sluts and were not in 5th freaking grade although the way you guys talk about these chicks i don't know for sure... Second, I would love to have seen you "throw track" I would guess it was pretty heavy... Third you picked my all time favorite movie line... The guy from Dawson's Creek saying in that really fake crappy version of a southern accent "I don't want your life." Finally last but not least YOU RIPPED OFF MY GENTLE READER LINE." YOU HO BAG YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW PLAGARISM KILLS BRAIN CELLS.

JUST KIDDING!!! Love You Hon...

Skiingred said...

Hello -
I used it first!!!!!

Design Goddess said...

I believe Ski would have used it first....just cause I do.

Second...it was the Packers...they were green. I was a Ram...we were maroon.

Third...glad I wasn't on the boys varsity track team!

Phats said...

WOW spouse fight!!

hmm sounds like interesting cheerleading squads, do you all tumble? My good friend in HS "threw track" she was pretty good I guess. One sport I had no desire to try.