11 September 2005

BigNTasty turns Big N Nasty

Our story starts off a while ago... I meant to post this earlier, but never got around to it. So here goes...


I had a craving of sorts for a Big N'Tasty burger from McD's. Don't ask. So I ordered one with cheese. Normally, I get them without lettuce, but for some reason (New Kids was probably on the radio when I was ordering through the Drive-thru) I forgot to have them nix the lettuce. I came home and this is what I pulled out of the box. (May I remind you that the photos have not be digitally altered... they are authentic!)

Notice the lettuce escaping.

When I opened the box, this is what I found... More lettuce - no wonder the first leaf was trying to get out -The onions were trying to overthrow the lettuce regime. Again - these photos are real, as they happened.


Just to be sure of what I was getting, hopefully a burger and not just lettuce, I peeled back the bun. And saw this:

Uh, OK. Maybe they just had to get rid of some extra heads of lettuce that was sitting around. I carefully moved the top leaf, and found this:


(Close-up)


Excuse my language here but What the *&%#$#$%^%$$% *&^&& is this suppsed to be? How does this pass quality control. But then I have to sit back and remember - it's fast food. Is this the fault of the worker? Perhaps. But come on people - have some thought about presentation to the customer!

And people wonder why fast food workers usually stay fast food workers (Not all - I happen to know many who worked in fast food and have moved on.) Some I guess just stay there.

Oy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

oh my heavens.. this was just too much even for you. i laughed till i cried.. just the fact that you would take pictures of a big n nasty... I have to tell you "the onions trying to overthrow the lettuce regime" is probably one of the funniest things I've ever heard... Love you honey...

Design Goddess said...

I remember seeing the original blog about this. It truly was scary!!! It's amazing how people put food together and don't worry about what it looks like. Guess that's the price we pay for being in such a hurry!

PS why the word ver? Too much Spam going round?

Skiingred said...

Design -- when did I post this before? I was looking through my archives, and couldn't find it? I'm such a ding dong!

I knew I showed you the pics before...

and yes... one possible spammer... so that's why the annoying comment word...

Design Goddess said...

ARGH!!!!!!! Makes my life that much harder!

PS did you get my VM???????

Phats said...

this is officially one of the most disgusting things! Don't worry too much knowing McDonalds had you special ordered they still would have messed it up and given you lettuce.

I am so glad someone else watched Reunion! Heck ya, I love the cheesy references throughout, and the one guy talking about how great WHAM would be one day, too funny. Anyway I thought the rich kid would be the one to die, but then I thought too obvious, so I am not sure, but I will be tuning in next week! :)