13 September 2005

Anything for the Burrito, baby!

Today, I had a "team building" staff meeting in Columbus. Whoopee... nuf said about that.

On the way home, I ended up on the wrong interstate, heading in the wrong direction. I was going to take 270 around to the road I needed, when I passed Rt. 33. Hmmm... I said to my self.

Route 33 goes through Athens.

Athens has the Burrito Buggy downtown.

A burrito sounds good! (Since all we had at the meeting was do it yourself sandwiches)

If you have ever been to Ohio University - you know what I'm talking about... The Burrito Buggy, the orange and yellow buggy where you can get the best burritos around... hoppin' music plays while the workers fix your food... you can people watch the goings on at Court and Union, pick your spot on the college green to relax with your burrito.

While Athens has changed since I've been there, many things are still the same. The pedestrian traffic in the road... the college green... The Oasis... Lakeview (although I think it's called something else now) the bars... they had several new buildings, and some of the storefronts have changed (we miss you Wings and Rings) and the tattoo parlor where I got inked has moved... I wish I could have spent a little more time to look around at some of my favorite places -- the courthouse where Chad and I had our first date, and some others - Skippers, The Greenery, and other places-- but I had family waiting back home.

But the burrito buggy still stands.

Amazingly, my Beef Supreme minus lettuce (see previous post) with jalapenos is still 3.50. Quite a lot of money when you are a poor college kid. But nothing tastes better, especially if you are drunk. Maybe it's the nostalgia making me think it's the best tasting food around, but I don't think so. Out of all the buggies lining Union streen, this is the best!

Next time you are in Athens, let me know -- I just may treat you to one!

another link to this landmark

5 comments:

Design Goddess said...

We should take a road trip next time I'm down in I-town. I love me some good burritos!

Phats said...

Nice burritos rock, unfortunately being the college student I was I could only afford the taco bell style ones! CHEAP! So, can nutty and I link you over at phatsdawgland? ha!

Survivor, I love survivor great show could never go on it. Have you watched all seasons? I was hoping the two contestants would be Rob and Amber, but I doubt that.

Skiingred said...

Whoo - hoo.... you can link to me if I can link you you... ;)

Skiingred said...

Whose going to be on Survivor -- I hope it's the other Rob -- he was pretty cool... um, others? Geri? Rupert? Twila? I've seen most of the recent ones, I think I missed 2n'd and 3rd season...

Phats said...

Sweet we will link and you can link us, I guess we're not linked ba dum bum! haha ok that was corny. :)

Rupert spent some time in my hometown growing up, I was NOT rooting for him.