20 March 2005

Just in Case...

Unless you've been living in a vacuum lately, you have probably heard about Terry Shiavo. The woman who is brain-damaged. Who is now STARVING TO DEATH (Here's a real life Survivor, Mark Burnett) Who has a husband who says she wants to die (oh yeah, he "remembered" this 7 years after she was in the state she is in, and after he wanted to marry the woman who carried his two kids while Terri was in a hospital bed with no therapy and after he got the settlement to care for her) Watch the videos on www.terrisfight.org and see for yourself if this is a person who is in a coma.

There are so many inconsistencies with this case - it boggles the mind. I really hope Congress and the President can come through tonight and at least grant this woman the same rights that Scott Peterson is going to get - a federal review of her case. If they decide the same thing as Judge Greer - then so be it. But at least it will give her a fair chance.

With that said - Dear Hubby and I were talking about what would happen if we were in a similar situation. I do value life. I value my own life. I don't want to be a burden on my family. It's a tough call. Do I want doctors to take extreme measures? Do I want to be hooked up to machines? I'm still researching all that entails. I do want to live. I want to be given a fair shot. But do I have a DNR order in place (watching ER really helps explain this stuff) no. Shoud I? Or a DNK (do not kill) order in place? No. Like I said - I need to investigate what each entails, not so much for me, but for my family.

So here is my temporary plan - And I have told Chad this, so if it worked for Michael Scumbag Shiavo, Chad should have no problem getting the doctors to agree to this - that if I ever end up on a feeding tube, I want Frish's Big Boys (no lettuce) pumped into me every now and then. The fries with butter from Heggy's on West Tusc would be great as well. If LifelessID could whip up one of our Whopper drinks, that would certainly make things go a little better. Oh, and chocolate. Any kind but white chocolate would be good.

I also want music playing, the TV going - especially when DOOL is on, or CSI or Matlock is on - and book on tape/CD. Play those for me.

I'm still thinking of what it would be like to be in Terri's postition. I have been praying for her. I hope you do the same.

L

1 comment:

Design Goddess said...

Well....if this unfortunate event should take place (and I hope and pray to God that it doesn't), you can count on me for one of the Whopper Drinks at least once a week....if not once a day! I'm there for you buddy!