17 March 2005

How to Name Roads in Lawrence County

I was driving back from Chillicothe the other day (Monday and Tuesday - lovely trip!) Anyway - I had plenty of time to gaze at the road signs and ponder on the naming conventions. It seems that most road names can be broken down into three parts; a fun adjective, some type of animal or meat product and a descriptor.

Now you can create your own road name. Simply choose one name from each column and viola, you have your Southern Ohio Road Name!

Fun Adjective
  • Greasy
  • Slippery
  • Purple
  • Scooping
  • Camp
  • Old
  • New
  • Pre-Owned
  • Pretty
  • Scooby
Meat/Animal product
  • Venision
  • Pork
  • Tenderloin
  • Beaver
  • Ostrich
  • Possum
  • Snipe
  • Monkey
  • Chuck Roast
  • Ham
  • Racoon
Descriptor
  • Creek
  • Lick
  • Fork
  • Lake
  • Stone
  • Branch
  • Short
  • Ridge
  • Fountain
  • Bottle-Neck


For the record, some legitimate Lawrence County Road names:
Venison Ham Camp
Greasy Ridge
Porter Gap
Lick Creek Road (Yes, this all comes from the third column)
Charley Creek

I'll list more once I find my county map.

1 comment:

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

Using your system if I were to name a new road here in Lawrence County in would be

are you ready for this?

Pre-owned beaver lick road

thank you thank you no applause necessary

The Dizzle