30 March 2005

I just need 1 person who can explain this....

This morning, like many mornings, I listen to the Glenn Beck program. He brought this story to light. Apparently, last night, CBS news had posted on its website an article about Terri Shiavo and her passing. As I write this blog, she is still alive. Why would CBS fabricate such a story?

I can somewhat understand getting the background info ready, and fill in the rest later. But to include "
Michael Schiavo, who was at the bedside of his wife Terri when she died, told Larry King that he lives now with another woman with whom he has two children." Come on, people - that is just wrong - I don't care what side of the issue you are on. For a "respectable" news outlet to be so irresponsible (nevermind the whole Dan Rather thing) and report on future events, is not reporting the news. It is spouting your own views, your own beliefs about a topic, and presenting them as facts.

I really doubt that Michael Shiavo will be at her bedside - he's probably too busy with his woman and two children. (Who technially are bastards, but we won't get into that.)

So here is my challenge... I want to hear from at least one person who can provide a plausible reason why CBS would post such a story before the event. Does this not make you think twice about where your news comes from? Lesson: get your news from more than one source! (and I really hope it isn't CBS.)

Keep praying for Terri and her family!

No comments: