15 August 2007

Update

When I'm not finding new uses for duct tape, I'm thinking how sad and yet, exciting, that summer is coming to a close. I remarked to Chad the other day that I have spent 28 years of my life on a calendar that starts in September and ends in June. Most people don't follow that same calendar. Nonetheless, it is refreshing to start fresh each year.

Now for the updates. As promised in an earlier posting:

Our house
We now have siding! Yeah! With the trim and siding it's starting to look like a real home. The drywall should start either today or within in the next few days.

Izzy's antics
It is just too funny to follow the mind of a 6 year old. From slippers that bounce, to new nighttime routines (which involve sleeping at the foot of the bed and writing notes) it's a wonder I still have my sanity. But I wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

Customer Service
Why must it suck? Why do they have so many people answering phones that you can't get ONE direct answer? WHY WHY O WHY?

Jobs
See above... I just hope this year isn't as weird as last year in many respects.

The oxymoron "Federal Reserve"
I acknowledge that I have no financial sense, but why are we putting our money into an institution that is not part of the federal government and is not actually reserving our money. I don't get it. But I am researching more!

TV
Yeah! Another reason why the September - June calendar works - it fits with regular season TV. My TIVO is ready for new shows besides Spongebob and Cyberchase. But, the summer series (Psych and Monk for example) are good!

and cheese.
You didn't think I had anything to say about cheese now did you. Well, honestly, neither did I when I wrote the entry I just added it because I like the sound of the word - C H E E S E. So yesterday, when I checked out of Kroger and started to unpack the groceries, I found 2 huge containers of cottage cheese. What I am going to do with 48 oz of cheese, I don't know. I'm open to suggestions. Bonus points if you can combine the cheese and duct tape.

4 comments:

Kingcover said...

That robber could have used the duct tape on his butt and then he could have 'split the cheese'. Do I get bonus points now??? Hehehehehe.

Do you mean that you didn't actually know you had got cheese until you brought it home? I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago - I went to my local store for a few things, bought and paid for them and picked the bags up off the counter and walked home. I unpacked the bags and found a large plastic bottle of clothes washing liquid amongst it. It wasn't on my shopping receipt. I must have picked it up by accident from the woman that was standing next to me on another counter. I got it free. Woohoooooooo!!!! Lol.

Phats said...

Duct tape rocks!

I am on the same schedule, except today was our first day with students blah

Skiingred said...

KC - I like that use -- definite bonus points to you to use as you wish!

Phats -- hope your year goes well... mine come on board the 22nd, and Izzster starts on the 27th.

Design Goddess said...

There's always duct taping the "cottage cheese" to the thighs and just save the body some time in the future!!! :D

This is my first fall without having to worry about a school schedule. Although, I still have the strong urge to buy school supplies!!!!