28 July 2007

My Day as Fawn Hall

And no, it didn't involve Ollie North or big shoulder pads. In the process of cleaning out our accumulation of stuff in preparation for our move, I had a bunch of paper's to dispose of. I wanted them shredded before I took them to the recycle bin. So two shredders later, the job in complete... well sort of.

The first shredded didn't even make it out of the box, hardly. I dropped the main part (OK it slipped off the table and crashed to the floor... parts were rattling.) After that one was exchanged, the second one made it OK. However, it got stuck several times and it didn't like post it notes. And it would balk at various legal documents. But anywhoo.... We tried it over our kitchen wastebasket, and Chad broke it (The same piece as before) trying to fit it over the container.) But that worked well for a while. We didn't get everything done, but most of it was shredded before a certain someone (not me) stuck about 7 sheets through at once, right after being told to respect the shredder or it will fire back. The papers are now permanently stuck so I don't know what will become of the shredder.

Why am I telling you this? Well I think I'm finally over my malaise - cleaning and purging old things can be quite therapeutic. Whew...

Just a few more weeks to get ready for school next year - not sure what that will entail, I just hope it's a good year.

1 comment:

Design Goddess said...

If all else fails, take the shredder out to a field and beat the crap out of it with a baseball bat!

Or, you could cut as much of the paper off as possible and then try to run it through either forward or backward. Worked for me before.