07 January 2006

I got the Clap

er

The Clapper, folks, I got The Clapper for Christmas.

I was so excited when I opened this -- I played with the tree lights for a good 20 minutes. The whole reason I wanted this: We have a king size bed (the best marriage saver in my opinion -- big enough for 2 bed hogs, a cat, wiggly 4 year old (sometimes) and several of her stuffed animals) and when it's time to turn out the lights, it's quite a stretch over to the night stand.

Clapper, you have saved me! Now, when I am ready for the lights to go out CLAP CLAP and poof - they are gone!

We are still working on the sensitivity level. For some reason, it responds very well to the high-pitched laughter from my daughter. She commands it with her voice. Other random noises (a-hem) turn it on as well.

Hooray for this "As Seen on TV" gadget!

And now for something completely different --> The Clapper

7 comments:

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

I can imagine... better get the sensitivity checked out. Good Luck!

Design Goddess said...

I even got to witness the miracle that is the clapper first hand in the Delaware household. How exciting! And here I thought only old people used it. My mistake!

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

well depends on what you call old??? At this point i think i could qualify... oh and by the way???

WHO DEY? How bout them Steelers......

B said...

What more could you ask for? What happens if you break your hands or get arthritis?

Skiingred said...

I'll just ask Izzy to holler -- that usually does it!

LBseahag said...

I once thought I got the Clap for Christmas...but it was just plain ol gonnoreaha

Unknown said...

Oh that sounds good! I hate having to reach over to my night stand just to put off the light :(