25 March 2008

what's up?

Uh, not much here...our baby is with her Nona for the week (Spring Break - which I don't get this year) Pretty quiet around the house...

What's up with American Idol? Tonight's show is just not doing it for me... still catching up on the DVR as I write this... Part of it may be that I feel incredibly OLD hearing the songs they choose (their birth year.) Back in 1987 I was playing atari and learning how to use our new-fangled VCR, and these kids were just born. Ugh! I can't believe that some of the contestants are still in the game. They have the Beatles, I think they should do some Zeppelin one week - that would be pretty cool.

OK - that's about it for now... Happy Tuesday!

Update: What kind of song did David A choose? I don't get it.

Update II: just saw David Cook... AWESOME! He's got my vote.

7 comments:

Phats said...

HA! For starters Atari Seriously Rocked! Frogger, Pac-Man, Donkey King, and of course RIVER RAID!

I am with ya, thought only about 4 really stood out tonight. My favorites were
Michael Johns
David Cook
Syesha- I am seriously in love with her Kristen is worried I am going to leave her for this girl.
David A- was good but I am getting tired of his "aww shucks" routine.

I was happy for Kristy Lee that simon didn't pick on her but I still hope she or "jacuzzi" go

Travis Erwin said...

In 1987 I was in the eight grade and also playing Atari or maybe even Nintendo. I miss Donkey Kong. :(

Phats said...

How come you don't get a spring break? I can't wait til mine

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

Phats she didn't get a spring break cause she doesn't "really" work. DUH!!! 1987 sophomore year in high school yes a wonderful time of bad hair, acne, and no dates. Yes it was a wonderful time and yes I feel really old too!

Design Goddess said...

1987: end of 6th, beginning of 7th grade. Slumber parties. Michael Jackson was black. Cool neons were HOT. Skii's house was about the only one with a VCR.

ahhhhh I miss those days!

Design Goddess said...

Oh yeah! And cheap Indians tickets!!!

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

yeah and now my old wrinkled ass is feeling much older and more wrinkled.. thanks damnit