21 March 2008

Housekeeping....

Yeah! Happy Spring!

More spring cleaning... last night, I spent about 4 hours organizing my office. I thought it was going to take me only about 90 min. or so, but I got a little distracted looking at the books and reorganizing them. All 592 of them. That doesn't really seem like a lot -- but those were just the ones in the office. There are more stashed here and there throughout the house.

When I unpacked the boxes, I just put them on the shelves because I wanted to get it done... now I'm happy to say they are organized! The Christie's are all cozy in one spot...my romances are all happy in love together...my classic lit books are pondering away in their own shelf...my dictionaries and grammar books (I have a tendency to acquire old dictionaries and old skool grammar books - New word for the 1930's: atomic)... my children's lit section is growing... Such a relief to have them all organized!

While I was organizing, I did miss American Idol... heard it was quite an upset! Apparently, the DVR taped Survivor over AI - so I didn't get to see the results. O well. Life goes on.

Our Baby Cat kept hanging around the office -- never knew he was a book worm. Here he is checking out the shelf before I add the beat poets and autographed books.


And here he is deciding which of the fiction to peruse.

Baby Cat is dismayed by the mess... honestly, they started out all stacked up nice and neat, but you know how rowdy the romance books can get! They just didn't want to stay in line.


While we are on the subject of books, here is the fall/winter recap list, so I can start anew for spring:
  • Where Is He Now? Jennifer Green (357)
  • Desperate Duchessess Eloisa James (384)
  • Big Boned Meg Cabot (280)
  • Size 14 Is Not Fat, Either Meg Cabot (344)
  • Talk Nerdy to Me Vicki Lewis Thompson (357)
  • An Affair Before ChristmasEloisa James (388)
  • The Devil Who Tamed Her Johanna Lindsey (354p)
  • The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression Amity Shlaes (464)
  • Tangled Up In You Rachel Gibson (384)
  • Queen Of Babble Meg Cabot (307)
  • Consent to Kill - Vince Flynn (465)
  • Then Came You Lisa Kleypas (371)
  • The Nanny Diaries - Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus (368)
  • Suddenly You - Lisa Kleypas (375)
  • Ready or Not- Meg Cabot (238p)
If my math is right that's about 5156 pages... man, working during the day really cuts out of my reading time!

Why am I obsessed with books, I have no idea -- I just love 'em! The tactile experience, the smells of old books, the crisp pages - all just add to the joy of reading.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Design Goddess said...

Yeah...those romance books can sure be "brazen hussies" can't they?! :D

I read Big Boned....good book!