17 October 2007

What's Been going on with...My Car!

And to continue the updates with what's been going on in my life... My car was hit the other day! I was turning left, the other van was turning right and decided my bumper would make a great target. He just bumped it and kept on moving. Luckily - Izzy was able to scribble down his license, I got a description of the guy (he looked right at me as he passed). I had to drive "downtown" to HQ to fill out a police report.

The plate came through to a 26 year old, who matched the description I gave. We have his address and info. No luck searching for this guy on google or even facebook. However, we did luck out with the county courts! Apparently, this guy has been quite busy while possessing criminal tools and doing other assorted driving crimes. 2004 was a good year - no reports (he must have been in jail, or out of the country, or something.)

So, without further ado -- here is the damage:
Boom!
Personalized Glitter Graphics

4 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Sorry about your car but glad to see you posting again.

Kingcover said...

Ouchieeee! :-(

It's actually pretty neat that you can give a plate number to a police officer and have him give a description of the person that it belongs to as quickly as that and then they show you past misdemeanours of the same person too. I don't think it's legal for that to happen over here.
Glad you and Izzy are ok and well done to Izzy for being able to write the number down :-)

Design Goddess said...

When did you get the glittery dice on the back of your car?! :D

Glad to hear no one was hurt!

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

oh yeah and TURDBALL that hit them is going to get away with it because the PO PO won't follow up with the offender. He actually called State Farm Insurance and said hey whats this about me being in a wreck. "Oh sure you can look at my car" which I'm sure he has already had fixed as it's been about 10 days now... CPD sucks when it comes to crash investigation. they have "more important things to do" which is probably true but if that's the case you need to hire more people or let the people who actually investigate crashes take over. either way we're stuck with a $500 deductible if we want to make a claim even though we have a plate number and the exact description of the driver. so looks like the car is getting fixed by me. pop the bumper out and go on with it... i think i'm going to get a license plate that says HOSE_ME... At least then people would have permission...