17 October 2007

What's Been going on with... Sports!

Sunday before last, Chad took me to a Steelers game. I was a bit leery to go, since pretty much from birth, I've been a Browns fan, but the thought of going to a pro football game with Chad was exciting. It only took us a few hours to get to Pittsburgh, the drive Early on Sunday was quite pleasant. We parked about 1.5 - 2 mi from the stadium, and walked much of the way. By the way, I did get blisters on my tootsies - not fun!

Here are some pics from the day:


DG, this one is for you -- Not sure what building this is, but I loved the shape of it - the open middle and the arch.


I think this one is from after the game, but along the river boats were lined up, some 3 or 4 deep, to "tailgate." Can you call it tailgating if you are on a boat? I'm not familiar with nautical terms, but if you know what it's called - let me know!
More tailgating....


Skyline -

This is a fountain in the city -- I think right were the 3 rivers meet. We could see part of it from our seats. Personally, I think it's a bit phallic (and pink) but who am I to judge city art.

Chad and the stadium

We got there a *bit* early. It was very very hot in the sun, so we walked around the stadium for a while. I took this picture before our section was full -- loved the pattern.


Right after one of the touchdowns - the fans are wild! Off in the distance (to the right of the scoreboard) you can see the fountain. And about the scoreboard -- there are 2 bottles of ketchup on either side. After a touchdown, they tilt, the lids come off and Ketchup "pours" out of the bottles. I didn't get to see them close though. I wonder if that was Teresa's idea?


And finally, this is the condition that our neighboring fans left their seat. I think they went through about 7 bags of peanuts and several drinks. Before you can say it, no, it's not the trash from the people behind us - we were in the last row of the section with a wall behind us.

I ending up with probably a mix of sun poisoning (if that's possible while wearing 50 SPF) and food poisoning... ugh... so I was out of commission on the way home. Thanks Chad for driving.

Steelers won - Seahaws lost.

Interesting fact: did you know that during WWII, when most of the eligible men were enlisted, the Steelers and the Eagles combined to form the Steagles?

Don't forget to scroll down to get more updates - if you are curious!

9 comments:

Phats said...

Wow a sports post on someone else's blog no way! haha

Did you know Duck was at that same game you all could have tailgated together. Why'd ya go in so early you could have made new friends and tailgated more and played some cornhole :)

I prefer college but I am glad you had fun

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!! It was my third game at Heinz Field and OMG the ENERGY is INCREDIBLE!!!! I really think it's louder than Buckeye games i've been to but I've never been to a "big" buckeyes game either... Thanks for going with me babe!

Travis Erwin said...

This post made me long to once again visit New Orleans and the Dome.

Kingcover said...

WOOHOOOOO!!!!! Go Steelers!!!!!!! ;-)

There's my city now! That fountain is sooo cool. Yeppers it's where the three rivers meet and it's in the Point State Park. I spent a good few hours in that area when the annual stalls market was there during the summer period all those years ago.
I was in the old Steelers stadium a couple of times so it's nice to see what the inside of the new one is called. Did they retain the former name for it - Three Rivers Stadium???
That building is called The Fulton Building and I think it was made into an hotel a while ago?

Thanks Skii for bringing some memories back to me :-D

Kingcover said...

"it's nice to see what the inside of the new one is LIKE" - not CALLED!
See I get excited when I see something to do with Pittsburgh. My hands become clammy and my heart starts racing and I begin to make mistakes (hush DG!). *chuckle*

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

WOW, a Browns fan in Steelers stadium w/o the Browns playing..... geesh.
Glad you had a great time. Hopefully no one knew you were a Browns fan. ROFL!!!

Have a good one.

Design Goddess said...

So, inquiring minds want to know....did you wear your Browns Bandanna?!?!?! :D

Design Goddess said...

I'm scared!!!!

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

DG,

I warned my dear wife before we left that I am a defender of honor when it comes to women and children. However when said woman PROVOKES attack by wearing most hated team in football's gear to opposing team's stadium then ALL BETS ARE OFF when it comes to the defense of honor. Besides that luckily she couldn't find the dang Browns bandana or I'm sure it wouldve been proudly displayed on her overheated, sickly head.