06 August 2006

Ever have one of those days???

I must have done something wrong in the past, and am paying for it now. Either that, or our house has been transported to the "let's get wacky" universe.

Here is a brief run-down:
  1. Our fish tank needed cleaning. So, in the process of cleaning it out, I took the 2 remaining fish and the crab, and put them in a separate bowl. Not a problem so far - except, one of the fish was "acting funny" - which meant his death was looming near.
  2. The aforementioned crab has been hiding in the filter box, which I think has made here crazy. While in the bowl, she caught and ate one of the other fish. It was pretty gross, but we had a real teachable moment about the food chain. I guess fish eyes must be a delicacy to crabs.
  3. In the process of cleaning out the tank, I replaced the rocks. Some of the rocks made it into the disposal - not good. But thanks to handyman Jim and a broomstick, the disposal now works.
  4. In moving the fish tank to another part of the house (our living room, next to the TV) I moved our media cabinet. Well, the original co-ax cord wouldn't reach, so I tried another. This one had been "worked on" and the end came off, and then the satellite picture wouldn't come on after that.
  5. After cleaning the kitchen of the rocks, fish gunk, etc, I head upstairs to do laundry. The wash is in, and I fold the clothes in the dryer. Now there are several "skidmarks" in the dryer. UGH! Chad thinks it is gum. (Mind you, I haven't been home in 16 days, so I have no clue what this is!) But I spend about an hour cleaning it up.
  6. I was going to make stuffed manicotti tonight, with focaccia bread, salad, and lemon bars for dessert, but I was too tired.
But in all honesty - it's good to be back home!

8 comments:

Design Goddess said...

Glad to hear you're back despite the craziness you came home to!

Call me, dang it!!!

Unknown said...

LOL DG wants to be called 'Dang It' - strange name ;)

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

I love the "skid marks" in the dryer story... What's really funny is that you "believed" it was gum... It really was gum that was left in my pocket... A whole pack of orbit gone... I just think it's funny that you call it "skid marks". As for the disposal I've had that happen before and fixed it myself... You however asked your boyfriend to fix it instead of me so don't give me grief about that... The fish tank I will not take responsibility for because I didn't ask for the fish and when you got them I explained I would obtain no pleasure from the fish therefore I would not be taking care of them... I fed them and that damn cat and you're lucky I did that much with the little buggers. Yeah no one fixed dinner and we ate at Domino's and it was fine by me... Over all it was a very fine evening and yes I'm glad to have you both back home...

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Lisa, it sounds like my house when I come home. I am still trying to figure out where some of my laundry is.. LOL

I am starting to pack for our now home. OH THE JOY!!!

TTFN

Phats said...

HAHA i love the "chad thinks it's gum part" ha

I am scared to death of fish, even the ones in your tank!

Design Goddess said...

Hey! Isn't there something different on your desktop????!!!!

Unknown said...

Are you still alive? Speak to us.
Yikes, I'm hearing voices now!! :p

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. pop up blocker 1997 buick lesabre body parts Paris hilton official Free make money online ways blackberry 7230 Dodge bench seat cover domain names Phentermine hcl cheap dietpills on line lomita facial hair removal printer cartridges hp county maricopa property tax 40gb 5400rpm external usb 2.0 hard drive 1997 pontiac grand prix grille online poker tournament http://www.skates-sticks-ice-hockey-equipment.info Cheap laptops