15 April 2005

Lola

I have about 20 minutes left until my brownies are done (new recipe - we'll see how they turn out. - Actually, I don't really care how they turn out - I was just craving the brownie batter)

Anyway - This will give me just enough time to relate my thoughts on a song I heard the other day. Lola - by the Kinks. You know the one... catchy tune... lots of lo-lo -la- la - la's in it.... I can remember singing this song when I was little - just be-bopping around singing the chorus. (It took me a while to remember the verses) Well, since the song was on the radio, I was in the car or something - I had time to listen to the lyrics. First verse -

I met her in a club down in old soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola [lp version:
Coca-cola]
C-o-l-a cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said lola
L-o-l-a lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

So far.. not bad, I'm bee-boppin' along in my car, singing along... Guy at a party - meets a chick with distinct voice and then I hear the next part...

Well I’m not the world’s most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Well I’m not dumb but I can’t understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
OK - she likes it a little rough... maybe a fan of pro-wrestling... the storyteller doesn't think much about it...

Well we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
(Picture cheesy 70's chandelier here)

She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said dear boy won’t you come home with me
Well I’m not the world’s most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes well I almost fell for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola


How sweet - love at first sight!

Sometimes, (Just ask my hubby and friends ) it takes me a while to get things.... Denise Russel at Tear-E'Z, anyone?

I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me

Well that’s the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls

WHHAATTT!!! Lola's a MAN????? How did I miss that one! I about ran off the road when I heard this... wishing I had a TIVO for the car radio, so I could rewind and hear that again.

It’s a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for lola
You got that right, bucko!
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I left home just a week before
And I’d never ever kissed a woman before
But lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy I’m gonna make you a man

Well I’m not the world’s most masculine man
But I know what I am and I’m glad I’m a man
So, does this last line mean the singer is now a tranny, too?

And so is lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

I just may have to take a closer look at Weird Al's YODA - to see what ol' big ears is up to!

Oy! My brownies are done!

2 comments:

B said...

Gheez, daughter....What took you so long to figure this one out? I don't think this one is as bad as the guy eating his friend's flesh....what was that one????

MOM

Design Goddess said...

I must have really been way under that rock! I don't remember that song....Barry's is the only one that's coming to mind with the name Lola. However, I'm sure if I heard it I'd know it.

BTW...we're not IN any of those pics, are we?!?!?!