31 October 2008

Clarification

I don't know where people get the idea that I'm not voting... I never said I wasn't voting.

I am going to vote! That gift is too precious to waste - far too many lives have been sacrificed to give me that right to cast a ballot and make my voice heard. I still believe in the system and know that the voice of the people will win, eventually.

Here is what I said on Oct 4th:

**Disclaimer: If you know me, I really don't endorse Repubs or Democrats. Were the election held today, I wouldn't cast my vote for either party or candidate. It is time for a change in Washington.

I've added the emphasis today. I am planning on voting. but on that date, I didn't want to vote for a R or D. There are 14 candidates running for president in Ohio. Contrary to what the media leads us to believe, there are more than 2 political parties in this nation. Unfortunately, money whores in both parties have corrupted the system and have made it virtually impossible for third party candidates to make legitimate entries into our political system as guaranteed by our constitution...Article II Section I:
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.
Anyone that meets the above should be able to run. However, money keeps most of the population from running. It's a major expense that most of us cannot afford, including fully qualified people who would make darn good presidents.

Our founding fathers didn't agree with each other and yet knew there was a need for more than one voice. Our country's great history is ripe with variety in view points. New parties were formed when change was needed. Some lasted longer than others; others have evolved through the decades to meet the needs of the country and people at the time. Just look at the many evolutions of the "Progressive" parties in our history. If the people didn't change and demand other parties to represent them, we'd probably be controlled by Federalists and Whigs today, rather than Republicans and Democrats. Things change.

It's time for a change in Washington and the country. I'm not happy with the way things are running and too many Americans are getting thrown under the bus. I call my representatives, I keep up on what they are voting for and against and what they are passing off onto our country. It's not going to be too long before anarchists and rebels are going to take over -- we can't let it get that far. The change has to come from within.

I still haven't made up my mind who I'm going to vote for. It's down to two candidates and I'm praying for guidance. I pray everyday for our country's safety and that people will make a clear-conscience decision when they vote. A vote based on the candidate that best represents their own beliefs and not a vote based on color, gender or promises that won't be granted.

Today, I was planning on voting early, but there are still some state issues and local candidates I need to investigate. But of course, this is Ohio, and from what I hear, it's pretty easy to commit voter fraud, so I probably could have cast more than one ballot, if I wanted to. I want to be sure my vote counts, and frankly, I'm not sure that it will in this election. I really don't want to vote on a machine; I work with computers every day - I know things can go wrong. There are lawsuits still wet from the printer ink just waiting to be handed out on November 5. Give me the paper ballot any day.

I am very hurt by the massive hysteria that stems from some shady, almost Marxist, ideas that are slowly creeping over this country. What I see everyday in the news and in real life breaks my heart for this country. We are at a crossroad and as citizens we must decide the course we are to take next. One road can lead to prosperity, one to the repression of all that our founding fathers held dear. Today I am not convinced the road to prosperity is found in either major candidate.

I feel truly blessed to be born a citizen of the United States; for 232 years, our country is blessed by God. No other nation in the world has experienced what we have gone through, and so many want to be like us. I know how fortunate I am, how fortunate my family is, and most importantly, my daughter is to be born in this country. That alone gives her more advantages than most of the female population of the world. I hate to see her opportunities squandered away because "the government" thinks it knows what's best for her, rather than me and her father.

If you've been a long time reader of my blog, you know that I like to keep things somewhat light and happy, but this election has been festering for a while. Is it any wonder since candidates have been in our faces for the past 2 years? What's also frustrating is the daily phone calls - 5, 6, 7 or more daily. I know I'm not that popular, it's the parties and organizations calling me only because I'm in a "swing state." It's driving me nuts! So to you, long time readers, I hope you can forgive this intrusion into crazytown for a while. I sense there are so many pressures building up and it's got to come out somewhere, not just with me but with our country as a whole.

My wish is for Americans to wake up and see what a bountiful country we have. My wish is for people to see what opportunities are around the corner if you just look. My wish is for people to see and understand that if we slowly let extremist ideas creep into our daily life, it won't be too long before we have nothing left, and we will be left with shadows of what once was. My wish is for people to make a difference and move this country forward in prosperity and with pride. If you don't like this country, you have two options. Make change happen or get out. Nothing is keeping you here. I know for sure, no other place in the world is like our country, and I'm afraid that people won't realize that until it is too late and our freedoms are gone.

2 comments:

Design Goddess said...

Change has to come to Washington. People say they want someone who will represent them and it's amazing how many people don't want Sarah Palin in there when she's the most "non-Washington" person running! She's the one who ran into Wal-Mart to get diapers for her son while on the campaign trail. She didn't send a Secret Service person to do it. She did it herself!

We've had many discussions about this election and I understand where you're coming from. I truly do. However, I am afraid that if we do vote for a third party (at least in THIS election) that it will allow Obama to win and that is not good for our country. Plus, when McCain gets into office, I think having Palin in there with him will help regulate McCain. Not saying that I 100% agree with McCain's policies, but I believe that he will at least keep our country FREE and SAFE. And Biden is too much of an oaf to do the same for Obama.

Anyway, very well written post! :)

Phats said...

you should have done a write in for Chad haha. :) I didn't vote, not even registered