22 February 2008

Rhyme and Reason have left the building... (or; stuff that's been happening lately.)

OK - there really is no one topic for this post... I guess I ould just give lots of excuses for why I haven't posted lately, but I don't want to waste your time. (By the way, the "see" button on my laptop is not working at 100% so for missed letters - my sinere apologies!)

I tried to take a pi ture with my new camera of the Eclipse Wednesday night. Yeah, apparently, my camera must not like the ombination of cold and low batteries, becasue this is what I got:

(Insert jokes here about what it looks like)
When I realized the zoom wasn't big enough on my camera, I tried for the video amera that takes stills, but the battery was dead. Anyway, it was very kool to see the eklipse - red moon and all. The night was krystal klear - very beautiful with a dusting of snow on the ground.

Quite different from last night, when it was icy and snowy mix... I peeked out after American Idol was on (why didn't they put Josiah through! He was so much better than the other ones they put in the top 24!) It was strange, being out so late and it being so bright, because of the dim streetlights boun ing off the snow! Hang on a minute....

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Yeah! I got the C key fixed!! Good ol' duct tape!

OK, where was I?

Oh, our house -- here is a lovely pic of the finished home!







I do want to get some better pictures, but I think I'll wait till the weather gets a bit nicer. Here is one of our kitchen -- I LOVE my kitchen and all of the beautiful cabinet spaces (maple - toffee stain)









And what the heck... here is one of our living room... I need some ideas for the back wall -- I don't want to paint or to change too much with the walls until we have our 1 year inspection, but at least it gives me ideas for what I could do. Step into my living room:

I'm so nosy -- wouldn't it be cool to have a site where you could just peek into people's houses? I'm one of those people who will look into open windows as we are driving by (so leave your curtains closed if you don't want anybody to see!) Ohh - love google image search: http://tinyurl.com/2zjlgr



Oh, and here's one of our BabyCat in my favorite chair:






Just finished the book The Forgotton Man: A New History of the Great Depression. Worth reading! I'm going to start reading more on FDR... yeah, apparently, he wasn't the nice guy that they taught us about back in grade school! It's a good read and very informative! Kind of spooky how history is repeating itself.

TV: What I'm watching now... I've gotten back into Days. If I can't watch it, I listen to it on my radio when I work.. it's one of those Weather Band / AM/FM/ TV 2-13 ones, so it picks up NBC quite well. I've been watching that show for EVER, and it amazes me how many character have SORAS. Let 's hope the writing gets better now that the strike is over.


American Idol: Not seeing a definite favorite this year, hard to get totally into just now - Once the top 12 or 10 is named, it will get much better. I do like Alexandrea, Brooke, Amanda and Syesha. Wasn't that just aweful how they voted Garrett off --just "hey how ya doing? It's nice to be here, but you have to go home now" Could you be any more abrubt, Ryan? Garrett wasn't one of my faves, even if he was from Ohio, but still... give the kid a break!

Jane Austen: Yeah! PBS is showing her stories on Sunday Masterpiece for the next few weeks. I have a bunch saved up to watch.


Survivor is getting better... was sad to see Yao-man go, but this should be an interesting season.

Now that Psych and Monk are over, guess I'll just have to watch the re-runs until the summer! Love Psych -- have I mentioned before how hot Shawn and Gus are?


And if you haven't seen this post on Castro by DG, it's a tear-jerker. And yes, we really did see him at Hometown Buffet tonight! Castro must like the American food buffet experience!


OK -- that's enough rambling for now...

L8r G8r!

8 comments:

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

The house is beautiful!! I just love the snow!!! Don't say that I miss driving in it, but I miss it none the less. LOL

Anyway, good blog read. I am not really in tune w/ Idol this year. Just couldn't get into it. Maybe as the contestants wind down. I am gearing up for the 2nd season of Army Wives and the 6th season of Dancing With the Stars!! Those seem to be my favs right now. I still watch Guiding Light (I know LOL DG) I like what they are doing by going to a real location to shoot the show. It's really been kinda confusing and neat all the same time.

So, where are you working now? Are you still teaching?

Have a great week!

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

very nice post dear... ok and i quote "the zoom wasn't big enough" well the zoom may not have been big enough but it looks like you're doing quite well outside of the zoom department... the house looks very nice in the pictures but we really need something on the wall behind the tv... adios my dear

Design Goddess said...

When did you take those pics? Cause, your house didn't look like that last weekend! :D

Very interesting pic of the eclipse. Perhaps NASA might want it for posterity sake?

I really need to buy a copy of The Forgotten Man b/c I just couldn't get past Chapter 2 in two weeks! Right now I'm reading "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder" by Michael Savage. Pretty good read so far. The reading is much different than TFM. That one is just so hard to get into, but I am bound and determined to do it!

I'm sad Psych is over. I really like that show. Saw Monk on Friday too. Good one! Kinda forced him WAY out of his comfort zone, you know?

Ok...gotta run! Later!

Travis Erwin said...

Beautiful house and I won't even speculate on that picture.

Kingcover said...

Hehe, you should have entitled this post "If Anyone Cs My C Can They Please Return It To My Keyboard?". Do you see the irony in that. Doh! :-P

Nice new home with the snow around it. Did the snow come with it or did you have to pay for that separately??? HA!

That pic is of the missile going up to destroy the falling satellite. Right? I mean I don't know what else it could look like! *snicker*

Mr. Shife said...

Wow. You have been busy. Glad to hear all is well, and the house is beautiful.

Mr. Shife said...

I forgot to mention that Psych is awesome. One of my favorites.

Phats said...

Hey cool house!

You have been busy, me too and I don't feel bad for not blogging haha

I like Psych too!