19 January 2007

My cell phone won't talk to me, but my shoes will

I swear someone is out to get me. Tuesday, at exactly 11:59 am Cingular time, my cell phone died. (Conspiracy - I tell you!) We had such good times. Ahhh... But - Now for an upgrade :) But for Chad. I get his old phone, so he can get one of the newer ones to access the internet by using tin foil, gum, and cheese wiz to hook up his phone and the lap top. Or some thing like that.

In other news, if they are not watching me from the sky, now my feet are being monitered.

Thanks to our new health and wellness program at my place of employment, I now have my very first pair of Nike shoes! (I grew up in the 80s without a pair of Nikes - hard to believe!) I also have a new Nano and the sport pack so now my shoes can talk to me (as if I don't have enough voices in my head.)

To calibrate the Nike+ I had to (Gasp!) run. This was probably the first time I ran in several (try 14) years. I did .25 mile in about 3 minutes. My body is not meant for running, which is why I threw track instead of running -(Shot and disc). Well, there was the few instances the shot putters ran the 1600 relay, but only when we were very far ahead in points, or very far behind.

So for iPod number 4 (perks for working for a computer based employer!) I've got it all set set now. Let's just see how it works for me getting in shape.


Countdown to Duncan: 4 days!

2 comments:

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Hey there. I tell ya the Cingular conspiracy hits us too. Now that Cingular is becoming At & T watch out!!

Hope all is well in OHIO!

Have a blessed weekend!

Design Goddess said...

I did have Nikes, but I think just spikes. I did have Roo's though. Now THOSE were cool! :)