24 March 2006

No more Life on Delaware

FINALLY!!! I have an internet connection and more than 5 seconds free to post a little entry... As you all probably know by now we have recently moved to Pickerington, Ohio. 2 1/2 hours from Lawrence County and the only place I've ever known as home. I will be the first to tell you I don't have any idea why I stayed there for so long. It's a different world here and it is home. My job is about 10,000 times better because I'm not working 7 straight days without a day off and most of the administrative BS is gone. It's back to basics, how it was when I first came on. One of my Sgts. however did speak to my former Lt. who was promoted to S/Lt. and my Sgt. informed me he will be giving me a few more duties because he heard from my former Lt. that "I'm very good and what I do and I can handle it." So who knows how long before the BS admin stuff comes back to me. It is nice to hear a superior say you're good at what you do I suppose for what it's worth. Of course no more 4 day weekends but it's worth it just to have to work five days. It seems like you come off time off and in no time you're ready for more time off. Who wouldve thought a five day work week would be such a blessing. So till the middle of May I have Sunday and Monday off and I'm working 3-11 pm shift. After that I'll be going to a 7A and 3P fill shift. On that one I will work Th/Fri/Sat day shift 7a to 3p and Su/Mo 3p to 11p then have Tu and Wed off. Not too bad will get to go out on the weekends in the evenings and stuff....

So needless to say I"M VERY HAPPY with where we are as a family, the house we're in, the community we live in and Lisa and Izzy seem pretty happy too. We made the right move and there is no doubt about that. I have my friend Jim here but I really miss all my friends in Ironton plus all the people I worked with. One of the guys at work and I went out on St Patty's day after work and hung out a little bit. He's a great guy and if I had to guess I'd say we'll probably be hanging out a lot.

SO that's the "skinny" on Picktown. The only thing left to do I suppose is rename the blog... We are no longer on Delaware so we need a new name. I figured we could rip off the Disney channel and call it "Pickleytown Heroes" or something... I do however think we need some input from our 3 faithful readers... You guys know who you are so give us some ideas on a new name...

Thats all for now.........

8 comments:

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Pick-a-billy sounds good. Pickerington is a great area. Lisa is sure to find a job around there if she wants too. The pay is great too. We're still her in Loseriana. Probably will be for a few more years the way it looks. It's not bad, but there is surely a lot lacking down here. :)

Glad to see you all are moved and settled. CONGRATULATIONS!

Design Goddess said...

I know I am REALLY excited that you're now 2-1/2 hours closer to me! Cause your lives are really all about me you know! :) I sure will miss Ironton though....ok, so I'll just miss your pool, but still.

I think you should call it "Pick this!" it was just the first thing that came to my mind.

I really am happy that you're happy and the rest of your clan is too. It is scary to leave the only place you know as home, but once you get out there, you realize what you might have missed had you stayed in your "safety zone." I know I'll be doing that here once I graduate. Scary!!!!

Phats said...

Pick Pickler!! haha okeh jk, if you don't watch Idol that went right over your heads

hmm I am not good at naming things, Pickerington's place?

Glad you're all settled! :)

Skiingred said...

Personally, I kind of like, Life on Delaware -- you know... so retro...


but, Pickerington's place does sound rather like a nightime drama... kinda like it!

Design Goddess said...

and we all know how you like your dramas!!! Esp when they're happening to others...like your friends! ;)

Unknown said...

Glad that you have settled in and settled in well by the sounds of it. Good luck to you guys.

Phats said...

When is the housewarming party?

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

oh these damn retarded anonomous messages... blech.... I believe it's gonna be Pickerington's Place.... Later