16 February 2006

Ladies, If you were a teen in the 70s or 80s, you know what I'm talkin about

We must, we must, we must increase our bust.


That line is from a book read many times in my youth. Can you guess which one?

Highlight the text here to see which one, unless you want to keep guessing: Are you There God, It's Me Margaret.

I found it at the library yesterday and couldn't resist getting it! I must have read it a thousand times when I was younger (OK, maybe 850, no joke). One of Judy Blume's books, reading it again wasn't quite the same, but it was still entertaining. Somehow, I didn't focus on the whole religion part of the book when I was younger -- I guess it was more the other thing (guys, I'll spare you) that my 9 year old mind was worried about.

Anyway, I found an old diary from a few years back where I kept track of my books read in a year, I only had about 210 (mind you, this was right after I had Izzy, so the number seems a bit low.) This year, I'm trying it again, to see how many I can get. Of course, writing down the books so I can actually remember to count them is another thing. I'll keep you posted on my progess with mini book reports (Yes, I'm a book nerd!) I've already read several this year, but I can't remember all of the titles, so I'll start fresh from today.

6 comments:

Melanie Miday-Stern said...

So, which one was it????

Skiingred said...

my bad... you can see it if you click and hold and hightlight....

Design Goddess said...

Are you there God??!! It's me, Margaret.

LBseahag said...

Yes!!!! Judy Blume rules!
I just recently re-read Blubber, Tiger Eyes, and It's Not the End of the World...

My fave was that one about SAlly J. Freeman!!!!

Skiingred said...

I'm looking for Deenie -- I have a feeling there was a lot in there that went over my head the first few times I read it...

Design Goddess said...

I'm sure there's STILL things in her books that go over my head!!!