06 July 2008

We're here!

We've been on the road for what seems like ages, and that was before we even got here. Our journey actually started last Thursday. We drove by this basket on the way up to our family reunion... it just amazes me each time I see this huge basket pop up out of the landscape outside of Newark OH.

The trip was LOOOOONG, but well worth it to see the view from our backyard. I really don't know much about the ol' Scottish game of golf, but I believe this is the 16th hole tee of some really nice course :) There is a placid pond / water hazard between two of the holes. Below, looking to the right off our back patio. Following, looking to the left. Just beyond the trees in the lower image, you can see the Choctawhatchee Bay.


So, how did we get here? Lots of driving in the car... We were up at the (some would say "butt") crack of dawn, loading up the cars. Turns out, Chad is quite chipper in the AM.


Izzy - not so much. This is how she spent much of the trip: Sometimes she coloured:

And sometimes she played the DS.


We saw many cool sites on the way down, drove through some pretty quaint Alabama towns and had a pretty good drive. Unfortunately, most of the pics I snapped from the car were either too blurry (Still trying to get the hang of the camera's settings) or were snapped when a car was passing by, blocking the view of what I was trying to capture. I did manage to get on of the "Basketbowl Lanes" -- Looks like a fun time!


More on what the house looks like and what there is to do (other than golf!) later. I leave you with a pic of our evening visitors. By the way there were walking, I'm guessing they'll stop by about the same time each night!

1 comment:

Phats said...

Hope you enjoy your vacation glad you made it there safe! I hate long car trips, I am a flyer!

Hope you don't go broke at the pump