27 November 2005

What a Poser

OK -- I love the holiday weekend - I get to pretend to slack off on my grading and indulge in two of my favorite things -- reading and movies.

Just saw SLC Punk last night/this morning. Let me tell you, at 3 am it's a pretty amusing movie. WHile I missed the first 5 min, the story was pretty good... about the whole punk movement (or lack there of because any organized movement is anti-anarchy) Anyway... being the geek that I am, and probalby why I love historical movies and books... I came up with a list of time periods I wish I could have lived in.... so in no particular order...

The Punkers of the 70s/80s - the hair, the safty pins, the music, the drugs - standing on a street corner in the cold, waiting for Sid and Nancy to sober up long enough to get some eggs...

Wagon Train out West - I wish I could find a reality show that did this, kind of like the PBS house series... I'd sign on in a heart beat! Yes, I know women did most of the work on the train, and it wasn't very easy, but the payoff of finding new lands and freedom would be worth it.

Hollywood in the 20's and 30's - How cool would this be! Hanging out at Pickfair, parties all night, work during the day, driving around in cool convertable cars and making movies.


OK... Izzy wants to use the computer... more later....

No comments: